Sunday, October 16, 2011

Forgive Him

“If someone comes to you complaining about another person, tell him: ‘My brother, forgive him, for forgiveness is close to piety.’If he says: ‘But my heart cannot bear that. I would rather take revenge as Allah has commanded me.’Tell him: ‘If you are able to take revenge in the best manner, you can proceed to do so; but if you are not, resort to forgiveness, for its gate is wide. He who forgives and amends, his reward is with Allah. The one who forgives passes his night in his bed happily and contentedly but the one who takes revenge always ponders on these things. This is because; magnanimity lies in forgiving one’s brethren.”-Al-Fudayl ibn ‘Iyaad

3 comments:

  1. Astaghfiru-Allah, “I ask forgiveness from Allah”
    Subhanaka-Allah humma wa bi hamdika wa ash-hadu al la Ilaha illa Anta astaghfiruka wa atubu ilayk, “Glory be to You, Allah, and with You Praise (thanks) and I bear witness that there is no deity but You, I ask Your forgiveness and I return to You (in obedience)”.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "The weak can never forgive, Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong....Mahatma Gandhi.
    May Allah(SWT) make us Muslims strong and pure.Ameen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. FORGIVENESS results ***peaceful mind,happiness in heart----->productive and useful life***
    REVENGE results anxiety,irritation,frustation,depression-----------> unproductive and restless life

    ReplyDelete