Friday, December 14, 2012

Eloquent Repentance


‘I ask You by Your power and my humility to show mercy to me. I ask You by Your strength and my weakness, by Your independence of me and my dependence upon You. Here is my lying, sinful forelock in Your hands. Your slaves other than me are so many, and I have no refuge or sanctuary from You except with You. I ask You in the manner of the poor and wretched, I pray to You in the manner of one who humbly submits, I call on You in the manner of one who is fearful and blind, one whose neck is totally bowed to You, whose eyes shed tears for you, whose heart is humbled before You.’When the slave comes whispering words such as these, his faith multiplies exponentially in his heart.—Ibn al-Qayyim [d. 751H/1350CE] on expressing humility before Allah

4 comments:

  1. Ameen... Ameen...Ameen.May Allah(SWT) increase our faith in Him. A true muslim saying " I only raise my distress and my grief to Allah." [ Yaqob Alaih salam ]

    ReplyDelete
  2. “Whoever has not made any improvements in one day has lost.”

    ReplyDelete